Information Services Manager
INFORMATION SERVICES MANAGER
This is a new role and forms part of an ongoing upgrade to College’s information services provision. The post holder will have accountability for the management and organisation of the day to day operations of IT Services ensuring a continuous service is provided to College which meets College’s strategic goals.
The successful candidate will have proven ability to provide leadership, direction and coaching to others to enable achievement of objectives. He/she will be educated to degree level or equivalent, with specific industry standard qualifications, ITiL or MCSE.
Specialist knowledge in the following areas (and others) would be advantageous:
- Modern network infrastructure devices including WiFi routers, managed switches and current cabling standards, Wireless configuration infrastructure and design with an understanding of authentication standards (including single-sign on technologies).
- Knowledge of networking Windows and Apple Mac desktop/laptop systems, software and services including an expert understanding of Microsoft Office 365 delivery and deployment.
- Developing and maintaining Virtualisation technologies
- Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, and wireless technologies with a focus on how this embeds into an Office 365 and Azure environment.
- Storage systems such as RAID (hardware and Software) and Storage Area Networks (SANs) Knowledge of School management systems including iSAMS/Schoolbase and SharePoint Services
A key area for the post holder will be the ability to develop strong teams, and foster an environment of collaboration
Salary: circa £40,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Full time, all year round.
College offers an excellent remuneration package, including pension, school meals during term time, use of College sports facilities, subsidised health scheme membership and discounts for staff at local businesses and retailers, cycle to work scheme.
To apply, please forward a completed application form and supplementary information form, together with covering letter, electronically, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote reference HR150910 in your email.
Application forms and further details of the position can be found on the College website by clicking the 'Apply' button.
Telephone (HR Department): 01242 265670
Closing date for applications is 12 noon prompt on 7 December 2016. Interviews are planned for 12 December.
Cheltenham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its recruitment and selection of job applicants and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.