Teaching Assistant, Maternity Cover - Wrexham
Are you a Teaching Assistant who is looking for a new challenge?
We are currently looking for a TA to work at a Primary school in Wrexham within the Foundation phase. The role is a Maternity cover that will start in January 2017, and is likely to continue until the end of the academic year.
This role would suit someone who has experience working with children either in Foundation phase within a school, or within a nursery setting.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with additional needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education/behaviour plans and personal care programmes.
- Establish positive and supportive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils
- Remain calm and patient, but have a firm and strong approach when required.
- Recognise triggers and manage challenging situations effectively.
- Use praise and encourage pupils to stay on task.
- Implement agreed policies and strategies in liaison with the teacher, to achieve learning goals.
- Promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with incidents in line with established policy and encourage the pupil to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- To aid pupils in their learning as effectively as possible by giving positive encouragement to reinforce self-esteem and confidence in each task.
- Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
- Provide regular feedback on learning and development to the teacher and other professionals.
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
Successful candidates will be required to have the following:
- A relevant Childcare/Learning Support Qualification or extensive experience within a classroom or nursery setting.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- The ability to work to your own initiative and be reliable and flexible.
- The ability to build professional relationships with both staff and pupils.
In return for your commitment and hard-work with Excell Supply, we offer:
Highly Competitive pay rates (paid weekly)
Consideration for all long-term opportunities
Access to our ‘Rewarding Excellence’ benefits package
‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme
Entry to our ‘Temp of the Term’ award
CPD (Continuous Professional Development), including practical application workshops with Head Teachers
Annual Safeguarding training
A dedicated consultant who will provide an honest and trustworthy service.