Interim Category Manager
Interim Category Manager £300+ per day Start ASAP
Your new role
The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in all aspects of procurement, subcontracts management and claim management in the FM sector. The candidate must be able to work independently under the supervision of the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager whilst working collaboratively with clients in the Public Sector.
The candidate will be responsible for the overall delivery of all procurement and subcontract management activities for the assigned packages and will be accountable for its flawless execution and the delivery of value for money.
You will be required to perform, under minimal supervision, the full range of market engagement, procurement and subcontract administration activities associated with the sourcing and delivery of Hard FM services. The successful candidate will be accountable for performance and results.
You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following key responsibility areas:
- Developing to procurement strategies and recommending the most adequate route to market for each service
- Providing input in the packaging strategy for services based on the capability and capacity of the market
- Undertaking large or complex FM packages, generally within the Public Contracts Regulations
- Developing all tendering documentation required for pre-qualification, invitation to tenders, tender evaluation and award recommendation and as required by the project or client
- Developing all documentation as required by the Public Contracts Regulations
- Developing pricing strategies for FM services
- Supporting Category Managers for Hard and Soft FM and Projects
- Managing all assigned subcontracts
- Delivering post award value for money and cost reduction initiatives with the supply chain and service delivery teams
- Working with clients in a collaborative manner whilst providing robust advice
- Realising benefits targeted by during the procurement of FM services
- Reviewing the expenditure for the assigned subcontracts and negotiating bespoke rates with suppliers
- Negotiating rates, when required, and exploring gain-share mechanism with suppliers
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in a relevant discipline or relevant qualifications and experience
- A demonstrable experience equivalent to 5 years' experience managing FM procurement and contract management
- Pro-activeness and can-do attitude
- Ability to interface with clients
- Exceptional presentation and reporting skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience and knowledge delivering procurement's and subcontracts under Public Contracts Regulations (would be beneficial)
- Experience and knowledge on the FM NEC3 and JCT contract forms (would be beneficial)
- Experience working in one of the Tier 1 FM contractors (would be beneficial)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.