Job Title: KYC Analyst (Additional European Language)
Primary Location: London
Competitive Salary and benefits package
The KYC team has a statutory and regulatory obligation to refresh our KYC procedures for relationships with existing clients - primarily financial institutions and corporate - in order to commence engaging in formal business activities.
Overall Purpose Of Role
The role holder is responsible for the completion of research and collation of documentation in support of KYC. This person will ensure that appropriate controls are in place whilst liaising with other areas of the Bank to ensure that KYC of client accounts are refreshed efficiently.
- Performing research of Barclays clients using Internal and external data sources.
- Collection and analysis of unique identifying information from the counterparty as supplied by the coverage team
- Completion of workflow activities within tight deadlines
- KYC for new clients to the bank
- KYC Refresh for existing clients of the bank.
- Able to manage internal stakeholders effectively
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills include:
- Fluent in additional European languages is a must (Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian or French)
- Previous experience of AML/KYC gained within investment or corporate banking
- AML/Compliance Certification
- Qualified to Degree standard or equivalent experience gained preferably in a business/law related subject
- On-boarding or due-diligence experience for Corporate Banking clients
- Experience of reviewing complex structures, PEPs and/or Sanctions screening
- Experience of using approved KYC vendor sources eg Dun and Bradstreet, Companies House, and others.
- Basic legal knowledge in terms of corporate law and structure
- Excellent communicator
- Quick learner and out of the box thinker.
- Able to work in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Customer focused
- Team orientated
- Organised with an ability to multi-task and manage a large workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to focus on quality while working under pressure
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it and it should guide our every action as employees and employers.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.