Accounts Assistant (Part qualified)
Looking for a Part-Qualified Accounts Assistant to join a global accounting firm in Liverpool
As an Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for the preparation of statutory accounts from source records, management accounts or for the accounts for audit service which are compliant with FRS 102, FRS 101 and IFRS. This may be for a range of size of corporate clients as well as entities such as charities, trusts, LLPs but the role will be focussed on the larger more complex assignments.
Assignments may arise from time to time which will require delivery of services on client premises, predominantly in the North West of England but may require further travel.
Principal Accountabilities and Attributes
- Prepare statutory financial statement for a variety of clients of differing size, complexity and type
- Import a trial balance in caseware and ensure all final journals and disclosures are complete
- Completion of quality review checklist
- Working efficiently and as part of a team to deliver work on a timely basis and to the required standard
- Ensure all team needs are met in regards to answering queries promptly
- Updates manager regularly with progress reports
- Visit to client sites where necessary
- Well organised and planned
- Committed to delivering what is requested and informs superiors of any issues at a early stage
- Has strong time keeping discipline
- Listens to and acts on the advice of others
- Works well in a team
- Proactive in managing own learning and development
- Is able to prioritise and manage tasks set
- Is open to feedback from others
Requirements Experience and Professional Qualifications
- ACCA part qualified or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Good knowledge of accounting packages including caseware
Your new company
Our client is an award-winning, professional services firm as part of the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. They specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Their strength in the market place is mirrored in their achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of their recent accolades. Their people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with their clients is at the forefront of their service approach and you'll find that our client is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.