Site Manager with Clean Water experience required in Lancaster
One of the major UK construction and infrastructure companies is looking to appoint a Site Manager with strong Utilities (Water) background to join their team in Lancaster region on a temporary contract until April 2017. Duties will involve managing multiple schemes (installation of below ground pipework and ducts) north of Lancaster.
Main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure that appropriately detailed risk assessments and method statements are prepared, in a timely manner and approved prior to commencement of activities.
- Manage Subcontractors and Suppliers on the project where appropriate and ensure the relevant NEC form of subcontract is in place before commencement of any work.
- Maintain regular contact with Project Manager and provide support and advice to ensure they are aware of project issues, ensuring NEC requirements are adhered to and discuss any future potential problems or issues that may arise.
- Attend PDR reviews and ensure information is available in the appropriate format to allow effective analysis of the current state of the project especially in terms of time, cost & quality with the Project Manager.
- Responsible for monitoring progress/performance to ensure that all objectives are met and problems are anticipated and resolved.
- Manage the weekly planning of productivity, resource, materials and delivery of forecast outputs detailed in the tender.
- Ensure monthly programme updates are accurate for the business to base their monthly performance reports on.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Company's Policies and Procedures, Health and Safety Legislation including CDM Regulations and Environmental Standards, including inductions and reporting.
- Support SHE audit process, resolving any none conformances as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- Mange all work to ensure that work has been undertaken to the required standards, whilst achieving a 'Right First Time' culture.
- Ensure the closedown of the project is carried out in an efficient and timely manner and does not lead to any Legacy issues
- Ensure all plant being used on construction operations has in place all requisite paperwork and certification prior to its use.
- Ensure all requisite CDM and SHE documentation is kept up to date, ie Construction Phase Plans, Permits and Environmental Control Plans as an example.
- Ensure all operatives, both direct and subcontract, are competent and have in place appropriate training certification for their specific operational tasks.
- Ensuring that all site non-conformities are reported and approximate costs identified.
- Ensure the requirements of the NEC Supervisor are understood and managed in an effective and compliant manner.
- Ensure any defects are proactively managed within the "defects correction period" as defined within the contract.
- Ensure Inspection and Test Plans are kept up to date and that information is available for transfer into the O&M manuals and H&S files.
The ideal candidate will have following skills and experience:
- Construction Management experience of clean water projects
- Formal qualification in a construction related discipline.
- Hold H&S certification: either NEBOSH, SMSTS, CSCS, ISOH as appropriate.
- Good computer IT Skills (various packages such as Word, Excel, Cemar)
- Good oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
- Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
- Experience in Network project delivery
- Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety.
- Awareness of NEC contract
- Must have the ability to demonstrate management and supervisory skills
- A valid U.K Clean Driving Licence is essential
- Ability to produce Risk Assessment and Method Statements as appropriate
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria.
Advantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work.