Role nameKnowledge Manager - 6-month contract
Head of Corporate Services
Overall job purpose
To oversee MAS's Knowledge Management Strategy and to support MAS in developing, sharing and effectively using organisational data, learning and knowledge to improve organisation-wide activities, current practice and future developments.
- To develop, lead and support the implementation of an organisation-wide knowledge management strategy including systems for capturing, organising and developing information and knowledge from staff, stakeholders and the organisations we work with.
- To develop systems and processes which help MAS staff to easily access and use data, learning, knowledge (internal and external) and evidence of impact to improve existing practice and to inform decision making, policy development, planning and organisational wide activities.
- To develop in concert with the Executive Leadership Team the strategic view on the further development of knowledge management systems and practices in order to support the work and development of MAS into the future.
- Works collaboratively with Directors and department managers to share information and provide advice and support.
- To be the first point of contact for MAS colleagues seeking support, advice, training, information, guidance around knowledge management, evaluation and impact assessment.
- To share good practice with colleagues.
- Proven and successful track record in knowledge management and associated knowledge management principles and practices.
- Experience in establishing a Knowledge Management strategy and framework within an organisation of comparable size
- A proven relevant track record that has given you a good understanding of the key principles of good knowledge management, including data capture and analysis, evaluating and assessing organisational impact and using learning and evidence from data to improve organisational capacity and practice, to inform policy development, business planning, service delivery and future developments.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, a proactive, results-driven and collaborative approach and a willingness to challenge the status quo and come up with new ideas and approaches
- Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills, able to challenge constructively and drive fundamental shifts in existing beliefs and behaviours to deliver positive change
- Able to work in matrixed environments and to build and sustain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders throughout the organisation.
- Able to demonstrate an up-to-date understanding of new and emerging technologies relating to knowledge management.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and/or extensive experience in knowledge management coupled with evidence of continuous professional development.