Student Support Officer / Administration Office - Part Time
Job Title: Student Support Officer
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Job Type: Permanent, Part Time
Closing Date: 12th December 2016
This college is a specialist institution comprising four schools: Fashion and Design, Photography and Moving Image, Graphics and Multimedia, and Creative Arts Management.
Within these schools, we provide career-focused programmes, which thrive to help each and every one of their students, gain hands-on experience in their chosen industry, as well as obtaining the relevant theoretical knowledge needed to embark upon a successful career.
The college's industry-focused programmes are designed to reflect global market trends. The college works together with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver programmes structured with an up-to-date, career-relevant and international perspective in mind.
The post holder will work collaboratively with all team members to achieve the highest standards of customer service and professionalism, represent the department in a customer facing role with students and academic staff responsible for disseminating accurate and suitable information in a timely and professional manner. Ensure the department runs efficiently. Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the sector and business best practice. Independence and initiative will be required to react to changing priorities and work circumstances, with scope to make decisions within clear parameters.
Student and academic support:
- Ensure excellent levels of customer service and professionalism are offered to all students and staff alike at all times.
- Represent the company to students either through face to face, email or telephone contact.
- Provide information to potential and existing students and corporate clients on course details and send relevant course information such as dates and course content.
- Provide support and guidance for all new and existing students and alumni.
- Liaise with the appropriate departments and academics in order to answer student questions.
- Provide course information such as timetables, assignment information, etc. to students in a timely manner.
- Liaise with academic staff regarding any changes with their timetables.
- Contact relevant staff or departments internally (or externally if needed) regarding student queries, informing students once a decision has been made by the special considerations committee.
Data management & administration:
- Carrying out all general administrative duties for the department such as responding to emails and telephone enquiries, printing materials.
- Required to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant courses provided throughout the college group.
- Produce, administer, record and archive all department classroom registers.
- Book, arrange and prepare classrooms for all courses.
- Update student files, keeping students and lecturers informed of any schedule alterations or new courses.
- Support academic staff's course material administration by uploading materials to MyPage, printing, photocopying and other ad-hoc requests.
- Prepare weekly plans for social media feeds and collect materials necessary, liaise with Marketing and Communications department to ensure social media is kept updated regularly.
- Ensure the process/procedures of the department have been followed thoroughly and in a timely and professional manner.
- Organise and deploy catering and any special requirements for in-house event; i.e. refreshments, projectors, banners, special table or seating arrangements, etc.
- Collection and collation of data from database, producing charts and tables using Excel, data entry and other ad hoc requests.
- Educated to A Level standard
- Experience of office administration and operations.
- Previous experience in customer service.
- Experience in producing reports on Excel or bespoke databases.
- Fluency in English.
- Customer service skills.
- Excellent IT skills including MS packages, email and photographic editing packages.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, clear and precise.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to management situations calmly and diplomatically, resolving any issues as succinctly as possible.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work at a fast pace to meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Personable and professional manner.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Student Adviser, Learning Support, Support Assistant, Learning Support Worker, LSA, Learning Guidance Advisor, Student Advisor, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Student Support, Learning Advisor, Learner Support, Guidance Advisor, Support Worker, Learning Assistant will be considered for this role.
Apply for Student Support Officer / Administration Office - Part Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly