Nursery Nurse / Early Years Practitioner
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Nursery Nurse / Early Years Practitioners at Pepperberry Day Nursery, an Award winning (Investors in People Gold Award) independent nursery with two 'Outstanding' ratings from Ofsted, centrally located in the heart of Wilmslow (Cheshire).
Nursery Nurse / Early Years Practitioner - Scope of Position:
• To work as a member of the nursery team to ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs.
Nursery Nurse / Early Years Practitioner - Key Responsibilities:
Childcare and Education:
• Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
• Observe, support and extend children's learning.
• Plan appropriately for children using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
• Maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
• Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members. Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
• Work with the Childcare and Education team to continuously improve quality of childcare and education.
• Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow, Child Protection Procedures.
• Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
• Work with area SENCOs, EYFS advisors, health professionals and local Sure Start programmes as appropriate.
• Comply with the statutory framework for the EYFS or relevant statutory regulations for Scotland and Wales, relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
• Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with advisory teachers, schools, area SENCOs and other agencies that may visit the setting.
• Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice.
• Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
Health and Safety:
• Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
• Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures e.g. fire precautions, security, dropping off and collection of children.
• Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the bedding and nappy changing area and food surface areas.
• Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
• Work with the manager and inspectors during inspections by regulatory bodies and to assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
• Work as a team with other staff members.
• Support and mentor students.
• Be responsible for participating in all self-development activities including appraisals, supervisions etc.
• Develop and promote parental partnership and involvement.
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line management.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Ensure the company’s policies on diversity and equal opportunities are adhered to.
Salary: starts from 14.976, depending on qualification and experience
Contracted Hours: 40/Week
Reports to: Room Senior
Please apply online with your current CV and covering letter for the Nursery Nurse / Early Years Practitioner position.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for this Nursery Nurse / Early Years Practitioner role and to follow further instructions if applicable.