Employee Relations Advisor
Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Employee Relations Advisor to join the team based in Thame. You will be on a full time permanent contract with a highly competitive salary of up to £25,000 - £30,000 dependant on experience.
The job in a nutshell as our Employee Relations Advisor
As an employee relations advisor you’ll be part of our centrally based ER team, providing a scope of services including the provision of advice, case management and proactive ER support of both low and high complex ER matters (including ACAS / ET matters). You’ll support particular or set of business areas within Travelodge as well as a wider remit as needed.
What you’ll be doing as our Employee Relations Advisor
Build strong internal stakeholder relationships with Hotel or functional managers and within the Support Centre Team including HR Business Partner, the regional management team, payroll and legal teams as well as external contact with our employment solicitor.
Lead and case manage (end to end) employee relations cases including but not limited to:
- Fact finding (investigation) matters.
- Disciplinary matters / hearings.
- Performance Management matters / underperformance cases.
- Informal resolution / facilitation of informal or formal mediation.
- Flexible working requests.
- Absence management cases – short term and long term absence.
- Appeal cases, including probationary dismissal appeals.
- Ensuring robust documentation quality checks, retention and administration.
- Provision and delivery of an HR Skills Induction course, bespoke or additional ER training programmes and facilitating group and 1:1 coaching with managers, e-learning and webinar training.
- Reacting to and providing central support to people impacting serious incidents as they arise.
- Provision of regular reports, including basic analysis to stakeholders that overviews ER climate and case load and ‘calls to action’.
- Analysing themes and trends and developing action plans to improve performance.
- Liaising with and responding to ACAS early conciliation claims and employment tribunal claims and any other areas of litigation in conjunction with the HR Support Centre Manager and employment solicitor.
- Identifying litigation risk and supporting actions
- Leading or supporting the development of HR policies, training programmes and bespoke projects to improve and sustain efficiency, quality and internal customer service.
- Contributing to the engagement and equality & diversity agenda at Travelodge.
What we’ll expect from you as our Employee Relations Advisor
You‘ll be able to work in a high volume, fast paced, central support and service environment, managing up to 45 cases at one time. This busy environment involves working with a small group of colleagues using a shared mailbox and phone system, so effective team working is a key requirement of the role.
In addition we’ll expect you to:
- Be able to multitask and meet tight deadlines, with excellent communication and whilst keeping stakeholders up to date with progress regularly.
- Be able to assess risk and impact to ER and employment decisions with care and good judgement.
- Understand and have experience in basic areas of employment litigation, including ACAS early conciliation, handling employment tribunal claims and working with employment solicitors. As well as a basic knowledge of key employment legislation such as Employment Rights Act and Equality Act.
- Be comfortable with challenging stakeholders where a decision they propose to make may not be suitable and then influencing the right outcome.
- Be able to build credibility quickly with role model behaviour and integrity
- Be resilient and have a natural coaching style
- Excellent attention to detail with good excel skills and be able to use spreadsheets and analyse data
- Be comfortable delivering and supporting the design of training
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Employee Relations Advisor then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!