Sixth Form Administrator
2 days left
- Full Time
Sixth Form Administrator – Trinity CE High School
Contract term: Temporary, maternity cover, starting Monday 09 January 2017
Contract type: Term-time only + 4 days, with some paid holidays, 37.5 hours per week, the working hours are 08:00-16:00, Monday to Friday, with 30 mins for lunch.
Scale: Grade 4, Pt 17-21, £17,547-£19,939 pro rata
Sixth Form Administrator, Manchester
This is a great opportunity to come and work in our highly rated secondary school in central Manchester. Our school was inspected by Ofsted in January 2014 and was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ in every category and ‘Outstanding’ for overall effectiveness. Situated on Higher Cambridge Street, opposite Manchester University, and flanked by Manchester Metropolitan University and the Science Park, Trinity CE High School has used its central location to forge effective partnerships and to ensure that all students aim high. We are now looking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified Administrator to work in our growing Sixth Form Centre. The successful applicant will:
- be professional, adaptable and innovative, with experience of undertaking a wide variety of duties whilst providing a high-level administrative service – ideally in an educational setting;
- ideally have experience of UCAS administration for Sixth Form pupils;
- have a welcoming and helpful demeanour and the ability to be professional, tactful and diplomatic in all interpersonal relationships with colleagues, parents, pupils, employers and the public;
- have good administrative, numeracy and ICT skills, with experience of using Microsoft packages;
- ideally have a knowledge of SIMS, as maintaining student registers is an important part of the role;
- be confident using spread-sheets and databases to input and extract information and ensure school and pupil data is accurate;
- be well organised, with a flexible and positive approach to all aspects of their work;
- be able to demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised, utilising their own initiative;
- be willing to undertake training, including on safeguarding and child protection issues.
This role is a non-teaching post - experience of working in a school environment is desirable but not essential. Training will be provided on school specific IT applications, such as SIMS, etc.
The closing date for applications is 09:00am on Monday 12 December.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 15 December. CVs will not be considered.
For further details and to download an application pack, please visit www.trinityhigh.com
Trinity CE High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The school operates a Safer Recruitment policy. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.