IT Support Technician Apprenticeship
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a progressive, exciting and fun place to work? Would you like to work for a reputable Northampton based organisation as an Apprentice Infrastructure Support Technician that offers not only a great wage and benefits package but also fantastic long-term career prospects?
This role is primarily a mixture of first and second line IT and Network support for their customers with some opportunity for project work as you progress. It involves taking and managing calls from their customers, diagnosing and resolving calls as well as ensuring issues are progressed through to resolution to the customer’s satisfaction. The job will also involve supporting, operating and upgrading internal systems as part of a team delivering a high level of service to their customers. The work involves working to company standards and following policies and procedures where necessary to ensure compliance with company certifications.
As an Apprentice Infrastructure Support Technician, your job includes:
- Talking to customers about issues they are having
- Managing helpdesk calls and maintaining call records
- Keeping customers informed and managing their expectations
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues
- Processing customer orders for services including phone and broadband links
- Assisting with Project work as necessary
What experience and skills do I need?
You’ll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
- A candidate should preferably have the following:
- A good level of attention to detail
- Have a flexible approach to their work
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have good customer service skills
- Have good problem identification and management skills
- Have good time management skills
- Have a strong work ethic
- Must be willing to learn
- The candidate must be able to drive and have their own car
- Candidates must be willing to undergo DBS checks before employment commences
**Please note - as this is a level 3 apprenticeship, we can't progress candidates forward if they hold any of the following qualifications: Undergraduate / Masters Degree, HND / HNC or Certificates of Higher Education.**
Your Accelerated training programme
The training provider offers a unique Level 3 IT Apprenticeship scheme. We provide the fastest award-winning industry training and certifications with on-going support - all with the ultimate goal of securing a long-term IT career.
During your one-year programme, the training provider provides residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our accelerated training means you'll achieve training with partners like CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills into practice within a professional working environment. When you complete your programme, you'll have enough industry-recognised qualifications for a great career in IT. You'll be registered by the British Computer Society (BCS) to the Register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Future career prospects
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 12 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you will be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation.
**This company is an equal opportunities employer who values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status**