HR Manager, Based Hemel Hempstead, Salary £30-34k Dependent on experience + Private Healthcare and Pension.
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager to working for a leading and growing Property Management business based in Hemel Hempstead. The company currently employ around 120 employees with circa 90 based at head office and the remainder based on-site or work from home. This is a generalist standalone role, providing HR support and advise to the business.
The purpose of the role to provide effective HR advice and best practice guidance to the business in all aspects of an effective HR department.
HR Manager Duties:
- Delivering a comprehensive HR service to the business
- Employee relations, including managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness
- Measuring employee satisfaction and identifying areas that require improvement
- Provide accurate and professional coaching and advice to line managers ensuring they have the confidence and support to manage their own teams for HR issues.
- Support line managers with issues such as performance management, disciplinary and grievance hearings and absence management cases ensuring participation and support is offered as required.
- Develop and monitor HR policies ensuring advice is given to employees and updates are communicated as required.
- Write and present reports to senior leaders as required ensuring accurate information is communicated in a timely and professional fashion.
- Support and provide advice during change management procedures such as TUPE, redundancy and redeployment.
- Manage the Recruitment and Induction Process for a range of organisational roles.
- Design and deliver training workshops to managers on topics such as investigations and performance management.
- Manage and administer the payroll function for the business.
- To be responsible for specified HR projects.
- Any other general HR issues.
Requirements for the HR Manager role;
- CIPD qualified (or working towards) and has previous experience of working in a HR environment (preferably service sector) and is experienced in handling a complex HR case load.
- Strong employment law and policy writing skills will be essential, as will good data analysis experience.
- This role will involve a lot of interaction with line managers, so the successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate previous coaching, training and advising experience.
- Employee engagement is a key target for this role, a proven track record in an employee focused environment is essential.
- Previous experience of working autonomously with the focus on providing more than the “text book” responses. Understanding of risk assessment whilst providing direction on the solution to problems will be essential and a critical part of the role.
- Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory role.
If you feel that you can meet the challenges of this role and want to work somewhere you can progress in a nice working environment, then please apply by attaching your CV
Apply for HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly