Actuarial Modelling - Trainee Opportunity - Life Insurance
Actuarial Trainee - Modelling
I am looking to recruit an Actuarial Trainee with experience of Actuarial Modelling. The Actuarial Modelling team works on various critical projects within the wider business and after a period of time you will get exposure to other actuarial functions.
- Undertake technical analysis using complex actuarial and analytical techniques.
- Checks work of a technical or complex nature, providing feedback to the originator.
- Identifies and make improvements to areas in processes which have a high level of risk or control failure.
- Challenge and make improvements and efficiencies to data, processes, procedures and documentation to make them more accurate and/or efficient.
- Seek and use innovative solutions to queries and problems.
- Provides insight and interpretation of data and results to colleagues across the department and the wider business.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Actuarial Trainee with excellent understanding of the actuarial concepts and techniques required to fulfil the role.
- Highly proficient in use of relevant computer systems and packages ideally strong Excel skills and working knowledge of MG-Alfa, Prophet or equivalent software.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with colleagues across the department and the wider business.
- Highly numerate and excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of life and pensions products including competitors products.
- Excellent understanding of Company's current and Legacy business.