Manage programmes to effectively lead, manage and deliver business requirements.
Reporting directly to the Strategy Programme Director in the Strategy & Change Team, the Programme Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of change programmes, by effectively managing stakeholders and external suppliers to deliver significant business change to support the continued growth of the business. The role is hands on and is driving streams of work across all business domains and would be suited to a Senior Project Manager looking to move to programme management.
- The identification, planning and coordination of a set of related projects within a programme of business change
- Plan and set programme goals, milestones and targets.
- Manage interdependencies in support of specific business strategies and objectives.
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations and working closely with senior management team members.
- Manage budgets, programme resources and governance working closely with the PMO
- Managing and leading the project team, to keep staff motivated and delivery focussed.
- Effective risk mitigation with effective escalation and priority management.
- To work closely with the Architect function to ensure all programmes of work are delivered in line with strategic objectives and conform to the architecture standards.
- Assist with identification of benefits and work with stakeholders to ensure delivery of these.
Measures of success
- Good Stakeholder and communication management plans in place
- Clear reporting of progress and status
- Programme delivery schedule accepted and trusted by the Senior management team with business benefits delivered in a timely fashion
- A strong close working relationship with both internal programmes/projects and 3rd party suppliers building trust at all levels.
- Leaderships skills demonstrated by a motivated engaged team
Competencies & Experience
- Proven track record in Programme Management or large Project roles
- Ability to deliver through others and effectively delegate
- Experience inspiring and motivating teams
- Experience managing conduct and capability issues as well as driving performance.
- Ability to coach and set goals
- Able to demonstrate good prioritisation and task scheduling skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Experience in managing 3rd party suppliers and vendor management
- MSP or P3O certified
- Prince 2 Practitioner (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge of the Energy retail sector desirable