Head of Department - Residential
This is an exciting role to lead and develop the residential team based in the Clitheroe office. The main purpose of the role is to grow and manage the residential sales business; ensuring that sales targets and brand values are met by leading a team and successfully pitching and winning business.
- Successfully pitch for and win agency business.
- Personally drive the sales process.
- Liaise closely with the Regional Divisional Head and Divisional Finance Manager to ensure effective financial management of the office. This includes the monitoring of department P&L’s and contribute to the budgeting of marketing costs and income forecasts.
- Be innovative in developing marketing initiatives for business development.
- Effectively manage staff on a day to day basis to maintain their focus. Encourage and develop them through training and motivation.
- Manage recruitment of high calibre staff in conjunction with HR.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with clients.
- Keep up to date with trends in the local residential property market.
- Give best advice to clients at all times in a professional and enthusiastic manner including valuing the property where appropriate and negotiating best possible price for the client. Including appraising the value of the property.
- Effectively market and promote properties for sale.
- Handle daily applicant enquiries from Reapit, calls and visits and from main office ensuring accurate details are provided on the same day.
- Carry out viewings with prospective purchasers.
- Oversee the marketing of the sites including coordinating the booking of advertising, brochure production, signage and PR.
- Liaison with the local SPF representative, including training of the sales staff to ensure maximum referral rates.
- Assist with the Department market research – collection and input of data to databases, in particular regarding sales values and sales rates. Provide client with ongoing advice and production of reports where necessary.
- Adhere to the companies’ Property Misdescriptions Act rules, ISO, Money Laundering, Health & Safety etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people management skills – can motivate, train, counsel team members.
- Strong organisational skills and time management skills.
- Strong ability to influence and quickly build rapport and long standing relationships.
- Strong sales focus and track record of dealing in detail with prospective purchasers and pushing sales through.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Entrepreneurial – ability to spot opportunities.
- Well presented and aware Savills brand.
- Experience and proven track record in a similar role within estate agency..
- Confident with Microsoft Office and databases. Full training will be given in respect of internal systems..
- Full UK driving licence