High Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Randstad Education - Lewisham
Contract: Long Term
We are offering the role of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA). This role will support the emotional and academic needs of the learners alongside the teaching colleagues based in a Large and very successful mainstream Primary School in Lewisham.
The expectations of a higher level teaching assistant with our client school include the following :
- Support learning by liaising with the class teacher
- To deputise for the classroom teacher when required, producing planning documents and ensuring that the highest standards are met in the classroom, following the national standards and therefore effectively supporting learning activities, ensuring effective delivery of curriculum programmes
- To support the teacher to plan, deliver and review learning regularly, ensuring a relevant, innovative and engaging curriculum that meets the needs of the organisation and its learners, under the leadership of the head teacher and deputy head teacher
- Coach and mentor Learning Support Assistants where appropriate
- Actively support learners with special needs being deployed as deemed appropriate by the classroom teacher
- Monitor and review progress of learners and prepare reports as required
- Work with specific individual students with high levels of needs or teach smaller groups
- To support the monitoring of attendance, achievement, punctuality, behaviour and progression, under the guidance of the leadership team
- Ensure that safeguarding and child protection policies are complied with and reported in accordance with agreed criteria and policy, liaising with the designated teacher where appropriate
This rewarding role will suit someone with significant experience and of working with Children, some who present challenging behaviours, and knowledge of different teaching styles to engage challenging students.
You will have a working knowledge of school pastoral systems and be highly motivated with the ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
You must be able to use your own initiative and act as a positive role model to pupils. You must be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection.
It is a requirement of the role that you hold a GCSE in English and Maths of C grade or equivalent. A HLTA qualification or equivalent would be an advantage. You may also be required to attend relevant training courses as required.
This post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure Procedures and references. Randstad are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
In reward for our candidates, hard work and commitment we provide competitive rates of pay, a refer a friend scheme, candidate awards and end of term celebrations and access to Randstad Educations online CPD portfolio, long term and permanent job opportunities, and a dedicated consultant whose honest and trustworthy approach matches you to the right job.
If you are interested please apply via the advert, should you require further information contact Dannielle at Randstad Education London.