IT Support Technician / Desktop Analyst / Technical Support
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Our client is based in Rugby and with depots nationwide, owns, maintains and operates the largest fleet of modern On-Track Machines (OTM) in the UK, and operates Freight Services for Corporate Clients Nationwide.
The role entails the day to day support of the company's IT systems and its users. The role involves taking calls and promptly resolving them remotely or by attending site. They will also liaise between rest of the team & the senior integrations team.
- Call logging
- Mobile Devices including Smartphones
- Network Switches/Router/Hubs
- AD objects including Users, computers, servers, groups etc
- Basic server tasks
- Build/Restore Laptops/PCs/Tablets
- Install Printers
- Software Server & Desktop Applications and Services
- Backup and restores using Arcserve/Microsoft DPM
- Deployment of 3G/4G Technology
- Provance/SCCM asset management
- Monitoring, management
- New installs
- Documentation of systems, procedures etc.
The candidate will also be familiar with server based O/S deployment tools, LAN switching configuration and monitoring & Microsoft Systems center product suite. There will also be a requirement to attend the company's networked sites to fix faults and to carry out basic server administration tasks.
- Experience of resolving network issues and an understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols
- Experience of resolving faults with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Server 2003/8, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2010/13
- Knowledge of Active Directory (AD)
- Knowledge of backup technology - ArcServe, Microsoft DPM
- Experience installation Plotters and CAD applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems center product suite
- Experience troubleshooting problems using remote tools
- Knowledge of IP networks and the various components used within the network
- Experience of IT support in a Railway environment is advantageous
- Qualified to A level or equivalent, with an IT related qualification
- Industry recognized qualifications (e.g. Cisco, Microsoft) would be an advantage
- Generates innovative solutions in work situations
- Takes action based on existing guidelines
- Adapts influencing style to suit clients and colleagues
- Utilizes all work based opportunities to develop and progress within job role
- Ability to work independently using your initiatives.
- Clean driving licence ideally with a vehicle - Mileage will be reimbursed
The company values and encourages diversity in their workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of their aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Desktop Support Technician, IT Support Technician, Service Desk Engineer, Service Desk Analyst, Technical Support Analyst, Technical Support Executive, Customer Service Assistant, IT Support Analyst, Desktop Analyst, Desktop Support Analyst, Technical Support, 1st Line IT Support, 1st Line Support Technician, IT Service Desk, IT Support, Computer Science, 1st Line Support, 1st Line Support Engineer will also be considered for this role.
Apply for IT Support Technician / Desktop Analyst / Technical Support
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly