Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Weld Inspector who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Rotherham. They are offering the successful Weld Inspector a competitive salary of £14.00 - £16.00 per hour depending on experience.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies.
This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Key Responsibilities as their Weld Inspector:
Monitor Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities within fabrication, including:
- Review of approved Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS)
- Review of Procedure Qualification Records (PQR)
- Review of Welders Performance Qualifications records (WPQ)
Welding and Fabrication inspection activities, including:
- Provide Independent Welding and Fabrication support and advice
- Review of Fabrication Inspection and Test Plans and final fabrication pack
- Visual inspections of weld set up/weld quality, completion of dimensional inspections as required
- Review and endorse NDT reports in a timely manner
- Prescribe and monitor weld repairs to code
- Verify the application of NDT methods for inspection activities,
- Maintain a contemporaneous record of daily activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Weld Inspector:
- CSWIP 3.1. Welding Inspector Level 2 or equivalent is essential
- HNC in Fabrication and Welding or related discipline is preferred
- Previous experience of Welding Inspection Site/Field and Vendor Inspection Fabrication Quality Plans is essential
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal is essential
- Computer literate is essential
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office is essential
Weld Inspector hours of work: 37.5 hours per week , 2 shift rotation
The shifts are 6.00am – 2.00pm & 2.00pm – 10.00pm and a rota basis.
- 25 days holiday per year
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free secure parking
- Childcare Vouchers scheme in Operation
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Weld Inspector please click ‘Apply’ now!