Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Weld Inspector who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Rotherham. They are offering the successful Weld Inspector a competitive salary of £14.00 - £16.00 per hour depending on experience.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies.
This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Key Responsibilities as their Weld Inspector:
Monitor Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities within fabrication, including:
- Review of approved Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS)
- Review of Procedure Qualification Records (PQR)
- Review of Welders Performance Qualifications records (WPQ)
Welding and Fabrication inspection activities, including:
- Provide Independent Welding and Fabrication support and advice
- Review of Fabrication Inspection and Test Plans and final fabrication pack
- Visual inspections of weld set up/weld quality, completion of dimensional inspections as required
- Review and endorse NDT reports in a timely manner
- Prescribe and monitor weld repairs to code
- Verify the application of NDT methods for inspection activities,
- Maintain a contemporaneous record of daily activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Weld Inspector:
- CSWIP 3.1. Welding Inspector Level 2 or equivalent is essential
- HNC in Fabrication and Welding or related discipline is preferred
- Previous experience of Welding Inspection Site/Field and Vendor Inspection Fabrication Quality Plans is essential
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal is essential
- Computer literate is essential
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office is essential
Weld Inspector hours of work: 37.5 hours per week , 2 shift rotation
The shifts are 6.00am – 2.00pm & 2.00pm – 10.00pm and a rota basis.
- 25 days holiday per year
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free secure parking
- Childcare Vouchers scheme in Operation
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Weld Inspector please click ‘Apply’ now!
Apply for Weld Inspector
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly