Production Operative - Manufacturing
Job Title: Production Operative
Location: Whetstone, Leicestershire
Salary: £9 - £12 per hour Dependent on Experience
Hours: Dual shift system - 6am until 2.30pm and 2.30pm until 11pm
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory company pension scheme
- A pay rate of £9 - £12 per hour, depending on experience
- Overtime is payable during busy periods, with weekends attracting 1.5 or 2 x normal hourly rates
The company manufactures styling, modelling and tooling materials for the production of high quality precision moulds, master models, jigs and fixtures, alongside a range of complementary ancillaries. They have a unique position within the global market as a specialist provider for prototype tooling solutions and are the preferred choice for many Formula 1 companies. Their engineering division also provides a fully integrated design and manufacturing facility, using high speed milling technology to deliver near net shape castings for the aerospace, automotive and marine industries.
As part of their ongoing growth plan, they're seeking to broaden their manufacturing team through the appointment of three hardworking and enthusiastic Production Operatives. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic and 'can do' attitude to contribute to the success of the business.
- Operating machinery safely and effectively for production processing.
- Ensuring that quality is monitored and maintained; containing and reporting issues immediately, working with the wider team to understand and resolve them.
- Ensuring that equipment is maintained in a good and safe working condition.
- Maintaining the work area according to 5S principles; in a clean, safe and organised way.
- Following safety procedures and company policies for equipment operation.
- Working under the guidance of the Team Leader to perform and complete assigned duties in a timely manner, identifying and reporting unsafe operations to him/her immediately.
- Recommending process improvements to enhance operational efficiency, safety and contribute to waste reduction.
- Data entry and stock management is also an essential part of the role.
- Maths and English at GCSE grade C (or equivalent)
- A willingness to learn and be part of a friendly, dedicated and hardworking team
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Applicants with an applied knowledge of lean manufacturing principles (5S, 6-sigma) will have a distinct advantage
Key personal attributes and behaviours:
- A positive and professional 'can do' attitude
- A strong work ethic and sense of accountability
- Excellent reasoning, listening, verbal and written communications skills
- An eye for detail, and focus on quality control
If you feel this role looks right for you and want to join their team, it's time to get your application started. Please apply with an up to date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements by clicking the APPLY button.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Profiling Operative, Sanding Operative, Inline Mixing Operative, Materials Handler, Forklift Driver, Process Operative, , Manufacturing Operative, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Operative, Production Technician, Process Operator, Production Engineer, may also be considered for this role.