IT Infrastructure Support Specialist, 37 hours
(18 months fixed-term contract)
An opportunity has arisen to join the IT Support team at Calderdale College on a fixed-term basis, to play a key technical role in the delivery of high priority infrastructure projects, IT support and provide innovative solutions to business problems. The ideal candidate will be customer focussed and technically strong at supporting, maintaining and installing Microsoft server and VM Ware technologies, working to IT best practice and confident in providing a broad range of hardware and software support with a ‘Can do' approach.
Range of Duties:
- Work without support or supervision in performing maintenance and upgrades of the College ICT infrastructure - Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, Server virtualisation, Exchange, SANs, resilient networks, VPNs, firewall, proxy and telephony.
- Coordinating Infrastructure projects and working with a range of internal stakeholders.
- Working from the College Helpdesk system to perform Incident and Problem Management while delivering excellent customer service.
- Be a supportive and cooperative team member
- Provide a customer focussed IT service to staff, students and partners.
- To participate in the data back up and disaster recovery procedures ensuring compliance.
- Work to IT Systems Management, Service Delivery and Information Security best practice.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the post grade as may be requested by the IT Technical Manager or Head of Unit.
- Document procedures and system configurations associated with IT systems and service delivery
- Continuous improvement approach to IT service.
- Travel between College locations may be required.
Line Management Responsibility:
- Supervisory responsibility may be required in the absence of the IT Manager
- IT Technical Manager
Responsibility for Assets:
- Contributes to the security and accurate recording of all College assets.
Contacts (Internal and External):
- Liaise with IT vendors, external schools, College employees, employers, managing agents, awarding bodies and other relevant stakeholders
- Staff within the Faculty and other Faculties as necessary
- The College central units
The basic holiday entitlement is 25 days plus 8 statutory days of which up to 5 days can be directed by management. The holiday year is from September to August.