Male* Personal Care/Social Support Worker DP2856
We are looking for a care assistant for our client:
• We are looking for a personal care assistant to provide both personal care and social support to a 19 year old man.
• You need to be an animal lover as our son loves dog walking and all animals in general
• Our son loves going to the library and looking at books
• Keen interest in astronomy
• Thrill seeker and exciting activities
• Likeminded person is wanted to provide support to our son.
• Previous experience preferred with complex behavioural needs
• Experience of communicating with non-verbal people as our son is does not communicate through speech
• You will need to be a great confidence booster
• Essential to have Professional training in positive handling of adults and young people (Team teach)
10 hours initially with possible increase after probationary period
£10 per hour
*Sch. 9 s. 1 (1) Equality Act 2010 applies
Must be comfortable with pets-cats preferably animal lover
Must have a UK driving licence
Must have access to own vehicle
Other : Preferably non-smoker or no smoking in working hours
All applicants must be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
If you are interested in this role of Care Support Worker/ Care Assistant, please click on the apply button below where you will be redirected to our website to complete a full application form.
For more information about our company please visit us on: http://www.independentlives.org/
Independent Lives is an organisation that supports and empowers people with disabilities to choose how they receive their care that will enable them to live their lives independently. Each advert we place is on behalf of an Individual Employer. All positions are based in the home environment and employment is on a smaller scale than larger businesses. This environment offers a more personalised working relationship and employees are more valued.