Do you have experience of working with large groups of teenagers such as sports coaching, charity work or drama workshops? Are you a recent graduate looking to make a difference in the classroom? Do you have experience working with 11-16 year olds? Are you currently working as a Teaching Assistant and would like more responsibility? If the answer is yes to any of these questions then 'Cover Supervisor' work with Randstad Education could be for you!
On behalf of a Manchester secondary school we are looking for a cover supervisor who is available ASAP until Christmas for 5 days a week. The work is a full school day, but on occasions you may cover just for mornings or afternoons.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Manchester and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- A dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- The flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
Our requirements for this post mean you must:
- Have experience of working with secondary age children, which can be referenced
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- Be passionate about working with children and young people
- Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
- Be flexible, punctual, professional and approachable
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed team, providing a service to the staff and pupils of the schools.
Responsibilities would include:
- Being willing and able to supervise classes of 11-18 year olds, using strategies to manage behaviour in line with school policy
- Delivering lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher, with no planning or marking involved
- Being highly organised and able to communicate effectively
If you feel this role is suitable for you, start your Randstad Education career now by sending us your CV to the Manchester office.