Sales Manager - Birmingham
Our Connect News and Media division; Smiths News is the UK's largest news wholesaling business with 55% market share, distributing newspapers and magazines on behalf of all major national publishers and a large number of regional publishers. The business serves 30,000 customers across England and Wales, supplying large multiple retailers and independent newsagents. Dawson Media Direct supplies newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content to over 120 airlines in 115 airports worldwide. More recently, we have invested in two exciting new businesses. Pass My Parcel is a click and collect local delivery service with clients including Amazon and ASOS. Jack's Beans is a vended coffee brand which we market through retail outlets across the UK.
About the role:
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our team. Ideally candidates will be based in Birmingham and be assigned accounts in a territory that covers Dudley, Worcester, Telford, Nottingham and Shrewsbury. The role is to deliver sales revenue targets for our Pass My Parcel and Jacks Beans Coffee services, building rapport and forging good relationships.
This is achieved through:
- Supporting new store openings with training and expert advice on how to maximise sales in store
- Delivering sales of new products and 3rd party services to customers within the set region to an agreed budget.
- Maintaining consistency and compliance across the territory by building effective relationships with key store contacts.
- Achieving agreed KPI's and delivering accurate and timely information.
- Achieving agreed KPI's linked to retail contracts held across the business
- Providing cover for team members in other regions when required
- Supporting development and project initiatives designed to increase sales and efficiency across the customer base.
Full technical training will be provided to understand our equipment and processes associated with our services. Candidates over a short amount of time and should have the ability to trouble shoot problems and train on certain aspects of the equipment. This role requires excellent interpersonal skills, common sense, logical thinking and problem solving abilities.
The right person for this role will be highly organised, able to work to deadlines and an excellent communicator. We are offering a competitive salary of up to GBP25,000 on target earnings. In addition to this you will be provided with a company car or allowance of GBP335 per month, laptop and mobile phone.
It is essential that all applicants are educated to GCSE level and have a good understanding of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The ideal candidate will have a natural drive and motivation and will understand what it takes to succeed in a successful sales environment. It will require high standards, excellent planning and communication skills, the ability to empathise and influence and to build relationships based on trust, partnership, and delivering on promises.
You will have the ability to plan and prioritise your time in order to efficiently manage the stores in your region and have the confidence to make effective decisions in solving problems and identifying new ways of working.
Please only apply if you have the following:
- Experience within a field sales role.
- Previous experience in an account management role.
- Evidence of building relationships with clients/customers.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Proven formal and informal presentation skills.
- Hold a current driving licence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
- Must be based in or at a 'reasonable' distance from territory in order to make first call no later than 9am.