Warehouse Logistics Planner
Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Logistics Planner to join the team based in Walsall. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of up to £22,000 per annum.
Overall Job Purpose as our Warehouse Logistics Planner
- To plan the transportation of goods to be used within the Travelodge estate in line with standard operating procedures.
- To assist with accurate stock control through careful monitoring of incoming and outgoing stock on the delivery vehicles.
- To act as the point of contact for the logistics teams whilst working away from the Warehouse.
- To deputise for the Warehouse Logistics Supervisor in their absence.
Responsibilities as our Warehouse Logistics Planner:
- To assist in the development of the in-house Warehouse/Logistics function based in Walsall.
- To plan routes for the various deliveries in a logical and efficient order ensuring any deadlines are met.
- Ensure all details required to complete deliveries are clear and accurate on driver manifests and are communicated to operatives.
- Ensure all completed jobs are closed down on the IT system to enable rooms to go back online for sale as soon as possible.
- Ongoing monitoring of vehicle movements and jobs logged to ensure all jobs are distributed efficiently.
- Provide support to the van teams as point of contact and work to solve any issues which may arise.
- To liaise with the operations teams regarding any issues or queries on any jobs.
- To help ensure that all jobs allocated are completed to a satisfactory level in accordance with agreed standards.
- To help ensure the minimum disruption to hotel guests and operational teams during all tasks performed.
- To ensure all stock delivered is recorded and the necessary information is available for efficient stock ordering.
- To help deliver items to the Travelodge estate when required.
- To undertake initial and ongoing training in order to undertake the jobs expected in a safe efficient manner. It is expected that training will be based upon practical sessions.
- To work alongside the other colleagues within the team to ensure the smooth and efficient turnaround of goods to be processed/disposed of in accordance with the company waste policy.
- To dispose of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required and in accordance with the Travelodge Waste Transfer Procedure.
- To ensure the Warehouse is kept clean and tidy at all times with a focus on abiding by all Health & Safety precautions.
- To comply with the requirements of Travelodge Health and Safety department, other relevant legislation and Travelodge policies and procedures.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
- Maintain a tidy and clean personal appearance ensuring Travelodge issue uniform is worn at all times.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications needed to become our Warehouse Logistics Planner
- Valid Driving Licence with the confidence to drive vehicles including 3.5t van.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to understand and apply clear instruction from Supervisor.
- Ability to communicate with all stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Maintain polite and courteous manner at all times.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Office, email and the ability to quickly learn new IT software applications.
- Experience of driving 3.5t van in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of UK road network.
- Experience in a similar transport role.
- Experience in a warehouse environment.
Values to be demonstrated at all times in the role
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Warehouse Logistics Planner then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!