Cleaner in Charge - Dunrossness Primary School
Under the direction of the Head of the establishment, or such other officer designated by the local authority, and in accordance with the practices and procedures of the local authority, the Cleaner in Charge will be responsible for maintaining the stock of approved cleaning materials, reporting faulty equipment and completing any administrative processes required for the post such as the completion of timesheets, inventories and safety checks. Assisting with the induction and on the ‘job training’ of new and relief staff as required. Good interpersonal and communication skill are essential. The post holder must be able to use their own initiative particularly with regards to delegation of cleaning duties, contacting relief staff and dealing with routine work related issues as they arise.
Duties will include: The cleaning of designated areas within school premises to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. Duties will include: cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing and dusting of the designated areas (which may include toilets and shower areas) and fixtures and fittings, using where appropriate powered equipment.
Duties may vary between term and closure periods.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the links below for further information -
- The grade of this post is D
- Employees on grade D the first point of grade D will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £0.03 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £8.33 per hour exclusive of Distant Island Allowance.
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0349 per hour (pro rata)
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 10 hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Dunrossness Primary School, Dunrossness
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Victor Nicoara, Cleaning Supervisor, Telephone - 01595 744132 or Email - email@example.com
Employee Benefits Aug 2016.pdf
Cleaner in Charge - Grade D.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - May 2016.pdf