- Full Time
Interview Date: Monday 19 December 2016
Permanent to Fife but Temporary for 23 months, within the Pedagogy Team
As part of the Pedagogy Team, the postholder will be deployed in schools across Fife. The postholder will be involved in reflecting on current research, collaboratively develop professional learning materials & engage in the development of effective models of professional learning. They will be required to work flexibly, delivering training (including twilight sessions) engaging in professional dialogue with colleagues as well as planning and teaching collaboratively across a range of schools identified within the Breaking the Cycle of Disadvantage criteria. In addition the postholder will play a supporting role for Pupil Support Assistants in schools.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to be registered with the General Teaching Council (GTCS) and obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.
To support the role of Pupil Support Assistants in schools, the postholder will be required to become an SQA assessor for the purpose of assessing the Education Support Assistance Professional Development Award.
• Develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required for this role: specifically in relation to Literacy, Numeracy and Nurturing Relationships
• Participate in the development and delivery of professional learning materials and resources to support effective pedagogical approaches.
• Deliver appropriate professional learning sessions for education staff and other professionals in relation to Literacy, Numeracy and Nurturing Relationships.
• Plan and teach collaboratively with teaching colleagues throughout the authority and provide support through coaching and mentoring.
• Develop accessible film and web-based materials in relation to Literacy, Numeracy and Nurturing Relationships.
• Involvement in future professional learning community initiatives in relation to Literacy, Numeracy and Nurturing Relationships.
• Support the evaluation of the impact of the work of the Pedagogy Team.
• Involvement in sharing the work of Fife’s Pedagogy Team with a range of audiences at local and national level.
As an SQA assessor of the Education Support Assistance Professional Development Award you will be required to offer tutor support to candidates undertaking this qualification.
You will demonstrate a clear understanding of the factors which affect the most vulnerable and disadvantaged learners in our schools, ideally having experience working in this context. You will be regarded as an excellent practitioner and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to your own professional learning. You will have experience of working effectively within a team. You will have excellent communication skills as well as highly developed presentation skills. You will demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate views and to adopt a coaching role in relation to building the capacity of your colleagues. You will have the ability to lead, inspire and motivate colleagues and to work with a range of stakeholders.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
• Take ownership
• Focus on customers
• Work together
• Embrace technology & information
• Deliver results
Contact Details: email@example.com or call 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 480213 (Direct Line)
G144 01 Teacher.pdf
RR82 TandCs March 2015.doc
Education & Children's Services Directorate Information.docx