OWN YOUR LIFE
OWN YOUR CAREER
OWN YOUR FIRM
North Highland's London office is open, energetic and fast growing. Based in the heart of Holborn Circus, we consistently feature in Consulting Magazine's Top 10 Firms to Work For'. Our high calibre people genuinely enjoy working here and have a passion for building our business as well as helping our clients.
We are looking for someone to establish and lead the DevOps community within our growing Digital function. This is a high growth area for us and we are looking to increase our breadth of projects and depth of expertise.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Establish and lead the DevOps community
- Bringing relevant subject matter expertise to clients
- Advising and guiding clients through the transition from traditional ways of working to the world of DevOps. This is likely to include facilitating changes centred around people, processes, technology and culture
- Upskilling more junior people so they have the tools and knowledge to work on these projects
- Working across multiple clients in different industries (not all projects will be full-time)
- Developing new business opportunities
- Maintaining excellent client relationships
- Acting as a thought leader externally eg giving industry presentations
- Formally managing others as a Career Coach and/or as a Reviewer on one or more projects
- Significant experience driving engineering, infrastructure and devops initiatives within one or more large scale enterprise/s
- Successful background in engineering or infrastructure, having led teams of poly-skilled and cross-functional teams, with a dev/test/infrastructure/devops remit
- Good knowledge, understanding and experience of digital technologies, platforms and methodologies
- Experience of combination of delivery methods and frameworks, including waterfall and agile (Scrum and Kanban)
- Hands on experience of agile engineering practices such as extreme programming,
- Experience of devops tools for configuration management, containerisation, test & build, monitoring & alerting eg Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, New Relic etc
- A good understanding of the common issues and challenges clients can face when embarking on a transformation
- Ability to review problem situations and to make tactical and strategic recommendations
- The ability to advise business clients on appropriate solutions and direction
- A willingness to find/develop new concepts, ideas, techniques and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Creative thinking and ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
North Highland is a global consulting firm with a proven record of enabling great returns on our clients' investment. Our high-calibre consultants offer deep experience and expertise across many diverse industries and service areas. We specialise in solving tough business challenges, being easy to work with, and nurturing long-standing relationships with the most recognisable brands in the world. Ask any of our clients, and they'll tell you.
North Highland is an equal employment opportunity company committed to diversity in the workplace.