Datacenter Technical Specialist Infrastructure (Citrix)
Job Title Technical Specialist Infrastructure (Citrix)
Salary and Package negotiable and excellent company benefits
At SCC we empower our people and customers to excel and put excellence into action every day. Everyone who works here has the opportunity to inspire progress and realise ambitions.
We are SCC - great things happen when we work together.
To provide proactive management, Audit, improvement and architectural guidance for Data Centre infrastructure platforms and customers. This will include design, configuration and support for all Data Centre service clients.
To ensure all configuration items, architecture and associated documentation is completed to an adequate level to ensure a Gold Standard Service for all Data Centre Service clients
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist engagement with customers to ensure design of technical solutions and improvements are in line with the requirements of the customer.
- Assist in the requirements gathering process and Improvements phase including due diligence, Audit, SoW and solution proposals
Design & Architecture
- Provide pro-active Audit of customers IT Infrastructure environments using various toolsets to identify possible end to end improvements that will deliver stable infrastructure and associated platforms
- Contribute to the design of platform service and customer infrastructures from conception to completion.
- Assist such that designs and improvements are end to end, fit for purpose and can be abstracted for multiple views and audiences
- Assist on the creation of technical architectures stretching across the entire breadth of the IT estate for Data centre platform services and customers alike.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of products roadmaps and versions
- Lead on the implementation of Improvements and changes to Customer IT architecture
- Ensure all projects/Works adhere to established standards and frameworks
Planning & Transition
- Liaise with Design teams on handover and acceptance into service for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades to Data Centre Service Customers
- Liaise with Design teams on the creation, approval and quality standards of all technical project documentation and CMDB configuration items
- Liaise and work closely with BAU operational support teams to facilitate handover to BAU operations of any changes, improvements and additions to customer IT Architecture
Standards & Guidelines
- Contribute to the management of technology platforms across the datacentre technology portfolio
- Contribute to the continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms across the datacentre
- Work Closely and in conjunction with Operational Support teams in the identification of Improvement opportunities
- To provide proactive and preventative maintenance to customer IT services following industry best practice guidelines
- Act as a technical escalation point for major incidents related to the service delivery from the datacentre and customer sites
- Act as a mentor and coach to BAU staff as directed by line management
- Lead on the creation of technical documentation for all platform services for the data centre and for customer sites as directed
- Ensure technical documentation is completed to a professional standards
- Lead on the creation of document standards focussing on content, branding and quality
- Lead on the configuration of all technical documentation to include version control and uniform site structure
- Support the process to ensure all Improvement works, changes and implementation are communicated to the team and customer where necessary
Look forward to taking your call and receiving your CV.