Senior Applications Services Specialist (Java/Oracle)
APPLICATIONS SERVICES SPECIALIST - JAVA/JEE - Oracle 10G + - RAC - PL/SQL
Our client, a major player in the payments industry, has the opportunity for a Senior Applications Services Specialist on a permanent basis. You will be based out of their offices in Dunstable, Bedfordshire.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The role is to work within a technical team providing technical services on Live Clearing & Settlement Applications.
* Troubleshooting Incidents
* Providing pro-active technical analysis
* Identify, develop workarounds and/or fixes for deployment into Live.
* Support implementation and deployment of new releases into Live.
* Provide 24. 7. 365 technical services cover as part of an on-call/shift rota.
* Provide technical leadership to other members of the support team.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & DUTIES
* Provide 2nd Line Triage Recovery Support (rotation basis)
* Provide 3rd Line Technical Services
* Follow internal and external processes and procedures
* Recover service either by workaround or root cause fix within SLA
* Troubleshoot problems with the application working with development and test teams where/when required
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE NEEDED
* Proven development experience on Java/JEE using frameworks such as Spring, Struts, Hibernate, JSP, JSF
* Good working knowledge and experience with Oracle 10g or later with Oracle RAC
* Knowledge/experience of XML, XSL, XSLT
* Strong and proven experience of PL/SQL
* Experience in a senior role, mentoring junior team members and offering technical leadership
* Must be able to work individually or within a team to ensure internal and external SLA's are met
* Experience with a track record in supporting large and complex applications within high availability/high volume environments
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required for this role
* Knowledge of BEA WebLogic 10.x and above
* Knowledge of Oracle Reports Developer or BI Publisher for creating reports.
* Experience with functional programming languages
* Experience with build tools such as Maven and Gradle
* Experience in supporting applications using different languages and/or character sets.
* Experience within payments processing systems or finance/banking industry
* Ideally you will also have experience of working within process driven environments - ITIL