Configuration and Systems Administrator - Suffolk
Austin Fraser are currently looking for a Configuration and Systems Administrator to join our clients expanding Service Management Team. The successful candidate will be supporting Project Delivery and Live Service Operations with Administration and System Configuration for multiple projects and clients internally and externally.
This position requires a pragmatic, dynamic and innovative candidate to install, configure and manage internal development environments. The scope of the role will be configuring the system including version and variant control, deploying code to internal and external development and test environments and deploying software releases to deadlines and to quality standards. The successful candidate will also be producing technical documentation and liaising with stakeholders, representing our client and portraying them as a high quality service provider. The ideal candidate will take a proactive approach in preventing issues from impacting end users through technically managing environments and technologies.
Key requirements for the role:
- Experience in Configuration Administration or Systems Administration or Configuration and Systems Administration
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience of software updates, patch and release deployment
- Able to produce technical documentation
- Experience of improving, implementing and practicing processes in a technical environment
- Server builds and configuration experience
- Understanding of restores, backups and clustered server environments
This role requires a technical and customer focused individual who is able to prioritise and escalate tasks and issues. The successful candidate will have a professional and flexible work ethic and will feel comfortable in a change orientated and multi paced environment.