Mid/Senior Android Engineer - Glasgow
Mid/Senior Android Engineer
GBP35,000 - GBP60,000
- Extensive commercial experience in developing Android mobile applications
- Experience in a team-lead position
- In depth knowledge of Android core libraries & popular 3rd party libraries
- Strong Object-Oriented Software Engineering experience
- Quality led development focus (version control, unit testing, CI etc.)
- Knowledge of UI architectural patterns
- Experience in memory management, debugging, profiling, provisioning and the distribution of Android applications
- Experience of connecting to external data sources and APIs (using JSON, SOAP, Rest, XML etc.)
- Knowledge of formal methodologies including Agile and iterative techniques
The company is probably the most exciting high-growth, purely mobile development companies in Glasgow. They know what they are good at, and they really are carving out a very successful niche in the mobile market.
Their client portfolio is impressive, with a host of company names that you will definitely know high on their list. They currently have multiple projects with some of the biggest names in banking and financial services and are creating a number of apps across different business streams - all of which are equally impressive in their own right.
Their engineers are recognised as being of incredibly high quality, and the culture is very much driven by this team who are all "engineer's engineers".
With continued growth driven by new client wins, this is an excellent time to join and to be a visible and very important part of the team.
This is an opportunity to make your mark as an Android Engineer. You will work as part of what can justly be described as one of the most talented teams in the country, in a highly visible position.
The Ideal Candidate:
The role will suit someone with very strong Android experience, who has worked on really interesting enterprise-level Android applications.
- Have very good knowledge across the Android platform
- Have great communication skills
- Enjoy being part of a very highly skilled and motivated team
If this role is of interest, please apply ASAP or contact Derek.