Senior DevOps Engineer
1. Implement quality automated infrastructure - by using code, produce automated repeatable infrastructure that is fit for purpose. Produce the simplest possible solutions to business problems with highly testable and maintainable code. Work using automation code to design the infrastructure and lower both code complexity and nesting depths. Deliver working scalable infrastructure frequently and early. Support the aims of the Technical Architects with respect to software quality and design patterns.
2. The role includes working to shape the architecture and design of our infrastructure alongside the direction of a TA.
3. User story driven development - work face to face with business facing colleagues to elicit the requirement. Ensure that stories have acceptance criteria and are able to deliver value at the earliest opportunity.
4. Continuous improvement - Act on the scrum metrics and retrospective feedback to maintain and continuously improve the performance of the team. Be prepared to offer constructive feedback to team members and act on feedback from others.
5. Mentor and coach more junior members of the team to help build their skills and confidence. Provide technical guidance and ensure that quality, standards and best practice are adhered to.
6. Work as SME during the creation of the SOW and at lift off events and other times as appropriate.
7. Be an active participant in all of the Scrum Ceremonies, be enthusiastic and ensure that communication is clear to all stakeholders. Be prepared to deputise for the Scrum Master.
8. Pro-actively develop skills as required to support changes in technology and for personal development.
Preferred: Degree Level Qualification
Essential: 5-7 years software development
( in test' Engineers should have 5-7 years of automation concurrent with development)
Preferred: Agile, Scrum, iterative software development
Essential: Object Orientated programming/Design (OOP OOD) and/or Procedural programming and/or SQL
(in test' Engineers should have some of the following Fitnesse, Selenium, Cucumber)
Preferred: Java, J2EE, .NET, Universe Basic, MySQL, Mongo DB, Spring MVC, Git, Junit, Cucumber-JVM, REST/JSON web Services, BDD, XP Practices
Essential: TDD and BDD
Preferred: E:Comm, retailing, merchanting
Enthusiastic, assertive, fearless, boundary-less, ability to coach more junior engineers