Full Stack Technical Lead - Java, PHP, Python, DevOps, Jenkins
Full Stack Technical Lead (Java, PHP, Python, DevOps, Jenkins, Riak, Docker, AWS)
iSource IT are recruiting a Full Stack Technical Lead to join a software services organisation in Leeds. The role offers an attractive salary with additional benefits.
Key Skills and Background
- You will be expected to have proven a development background with at least one of the following Java, PHP, Python, DevOps
- Experience with source code management systems such as Git and build tools such as Maven
- Experience in relational/non-relational databases, data design, indexing, querying, configuration and replication with one of MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Oracle or Redis
- Demonstrated ability to write unit tests, following TDD and some exposure to BDD.
- Internet and Networking Technologies and Protocols - IP, TCP, DNS, HTTP
- Leading and Managing Software Engineering Teams with a DevOps Culture
- Experience in a Technical Lead role within Software Development with a DevOps culture
- Exposure to Linux server configuration and one of Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt Stack
- Exposure to Virtualisation or Container Technology and tools such as Virtualbox, VMware, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS, OpenStack, Zen or similar
- Exposure to log management and analysis solutions such as ELK Stack, loggly, Splunk, Sumo logic and monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic or similar
- Exposure to IaaS services such as AWS, Rackspace, Google cloud or similar
- Ability to identify and manage, resolve or negate, complex issues and risks & troubleshooting on a large scale, cross system environment
- Exposure to any of Hadoop, Hbase, HDFS or Apache Spark
About the Role
- Responsible for hands on technical end to end delivery
- Happily, but excited to learn new technologies and techniques across the full technical stack and product life cycle
- Establish and maintain relationships with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Full Stack Engineers.
- Lead in the engineering and delivery of solutions by designing software, cutting code, writing tests, reviewing code and analysing user stories all within primarily lean/agile development techniques such as SCRUM, Kanban and eXtreme programming
- Maintain an understanding of each of the composite parts in the end-to-end solution plus the integration of the various tiers and components that make up the whole feature being delivered
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring team members to support continuous improvement in software, testing and design processed and practices.
- Mentor, lead and communicate to many teams and colleagues in different types of roles (from Director to Developer) with the ability to pitch at the level of the audience when explaining technical solution options and issues