Senior Web Systems Administrator
Senior IT Business Web Systems Administrator - GBP31,856 - GBP42,000 - West London - Public Sector/Government
The main purpose of this role is to ensure availability and technical operation of the application infrastructure to agreed standards, primarily Web Services, Internet and Intranet services, supporting and working with IT Operations, Systems Development and the Web Team.
Work closely with IT colleagues, third party suppliers, procurement teams and in-house teams to ensure that services are always available to the public and internal customers.
Ensure the incident, request, problem, change and release processes are managed and adhered to, dealing with and working with colleagues to resolve incidents and requests, escalating to the appropriate support teams and third party suppliers, as necessary.
Project manage the implementation of new technology solutions and upgrades as appropriate as well as implement best practice ITIL service management procedures and embed them within operational services
*You will be asked to supply evidence of meeting these competencies when you apply and at interview if selected.
*Hands-on skills or operational experience of the following: Windows Server 2008&12, Microsoft IIS, .NET installations, Open Source (OS) software eg Linux, OS Servers eg, Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat. Working knowledge of a modern operational infrastructure - eg, DNS, networks and Firewalls, Back End development tools and architecture: ASP, MVC, C#.NET, SQL Server.
*Hands-on technical experience in an ICT support role with a proactive, solutions-focused approach coupled with an ability to own and resolve issues
*Demonstrable experience of dealing with incident management, and working in an ITIL environment
*Self-starter able to work on own initiative, managing and prioritising own and team workload, managing competing priorities to deliver to tight deadlines and under pressure
*Customer-focused with excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer focus to build effective working relationships with customers and staff members across the organisation
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills: proven ability to communicate technical issues clearly and concisely to both technical and non-expert audiences and providing technical assurance to projects and developments; able to produce clear and accurate documentation
Supporting ICT Services:
* Act as contact and lead for support and administration of the Web, Internet and Intranet services infrastructure, including DNS, IP and domain registrations and work to ensure services are always available to the public and internal customers
* Respond to incidents, working with third parties and colleagues to investigate, analyse and resolve issues and service interruptions and to resume normal service ASAP following the approved incident management process
* Log and maintain tickets on the Service Management tool; including customer contact information, concise details of faults/requests and all communications.
* Notify the customer of progress/resolution of incidents as appropriate
* Work closely with, manage and maintain a relationship with suppliers of technology to ensure the delivery of services at agreed standards
* Take a lead role in implementing change to the ICT systems ensuring they are made with the agreement of the appropriate authorities and system owners, and that they following an approved change control process
* Develop and monitor systems proactively to identify performance issues
* Work with colleagues and suppliers to ensure that appropriate security is in place across all of the systems and services
* Create and maintain documentation and ensure technical and procedural documentation is in place and up-to-date
* Act to prevent problems, reporting and escalating issues where necessary
* Identify and take forward improvement opportunities and contribute to an overall service improvement plan
* Represent the ICT Department as a technical consultant on projects
* Utilise project management methodology and agile practices, where appropriate, to enhance communication and to provide a plan for any development or change
* Maintain a good working knowledge of the current infrastructure and future trends
* Manage workload and longer-term plans to ensure that business needs are met and that work is delivered on time and to budget
* Work with suppliers and colleagues to lead and assist in technical transformation projects to deliver the strategic aims of the department and organisation
* Provide regular updates on progress, risk and issues, escalating issues where appropriate to facilitate on time project delivery, within budget and to customer requirements
* Plan to be available for scheduled releases at specific times as required
* Provide regular work in progress and work planned updates
Leadership & Collaboration:
* Lead and manage a technical team tasked with supporting business applications and act as the point of escalation for IT business systems related issues
* Deputise for the IT Department managers as required
* Be a recognised technical expert for area of specialism and share technical experience and expertise with IT colleagues and other teams
* Lead on the creation, development and promotion of fit-for-purpose business systems ITIL processes that align to departmental objectives
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.