Embedded Software Engineer/Firmware Engineer - Nr Sheffield
Embedded Software Engineer/Firmware Engineer x3 - Nr Sheffield.
Commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Worksop, Chesterfield.
Embedded C, C++, Embedded Software, Firmware, ANSI C, 8/16/32 bit micros, Microchip/8051/Cortex M0, UARTs, RS232, RS422, RS485, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, UDP, TCP/IP, ZigBee, Bluetooth, Z-Wave.
The Embedded Software Engineer/Firmware Engineer x3 are required for superb, unrivalled roles at new state-of-the-art R&D offices in Sheffield, to form part of a highly successful market-leading electronics engineering team.
With a culture of innovation and utilising world-leading electronics manufacturing, the company continues to expand its award-winning range in Security products and Building/Home Automation Apps.
Having celebrated their 30th year anniversary and now part of a multi-billion-dollar group of companies, they continue to grow and develop as it looks to assert itself as the number one manufacturer of Security equipment. Resultant of this, they are looking to find skilled, determined and committed individuals who will help mould and drive a highly successful team.
This leading Designer and Manufacturer of Quality Electronic Control products are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer/Firmware Engineer x3 with solid skills and experience in low level ANSI C, Embedded C for Real Time Embedded Programming, C/C++.
An excellent opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer, Firmware Engineer or C/C++ Software Developer to become part of a rapidly growing company supporting the Security and Home Automation industry. Their multi-disciplined Embedded Software experts have a significant track record in R&D Electronics Security.
As an Embedded Software Engineer/Firmware Engineer you will work as part of a small multi-disciplinary team responsible for the maintenance and further development of products and also the specification, design and development of new products. These are innovative Embedded C Development projects associated with sophisticated sensors, detectors, video, and audio Control Systems. They are technically challenging complex Products that require solid C development and design skills.
Essential Skills for the Embedded Software Engineer/Firmware Engineer are as follows:
* Excellent C skills
* Experience of 8, 16 or 32 bit micro controllers down to the peripheral register level
* Good understanding of Electronics
* Experience in using In Circuit Emulation ( ICE ), debug monitors or simulators during the Design process
* Familiarity with oscilloscopes and test equipment
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Desired Skills and experience include:
* Experience in the full development life cycle of high volume electronic products
* Experience of source code version control systems
* Understanding of serial, or UDP/TCP/IP communications protocols
* Be confident at working down to the hardware level throughout the design process
* Design, test, and validation of Wireless systems, products, or protocols.
* Exposure to Wireless systems, proprietary or standard, such as ZigBee, Bluetooth, Z-Wave. Low power battery operated design.
Excellent opportunities in an expanding, stable, well established and highly innovative organisation. Working with a wide variety of interesting technologies, you will be given the freedom and flexibility to develop products in a very friendly, informal work environment. The company has a great culture, new R&D offices, with a commitment to continuous training & development, supported by excellent staff retention.