Release and Configuration Manager
Release and Configuration Manager
Role: Release and Configuration Manager
Benefits: 9% bonus + PMI after 1 year, 28 days holiday + BH
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of GBP93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
Royal London is at the start of an ambitious programme of growth which will continue over the next 5 years and beyond. Because of this continuous growth we are looking for an ambitious and experience Release and Configuration Manager within the Group Technology and Change (GTC) department in Wilmslow. The role will initially sit within our hard hitting Solvency11 Programme which is currently delivering significant transformational programmes to replace the Actuarial Modelling tool and rollout the Oracle Fusion Finance solution.
We are looking for an experience Release and Configuration Manager to be based out of our Wilmslow Campus to manage and control the end to end configuration and release stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and to be responsible for providing a framework and establishing best practise across the group to ensure change is prepared and delivered in the best manner.
As the Release and Configuration Manager you will work closely with internal delivery teams and external system consultants, able to quickly understand the current change, delivery and release cycle, highlight weaknesses, implement corrective measures and continuously improve the process. You will also Work alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, application and infrastructure specialists, project delivery and service managers.
- Manage all aspects of the end to end release process
- Manage release planning including scope, method and timing of deployment
- Liaise with a multi-disciplined team for release package design, build and configuration
- Manage release package testing to predefined acceptance criteria for purposes of release management
- Establish the final release configuration (eg knowledge, information, hardware, software and infrastructure)
- Create release notes
- Communicating progress of releases
- Signs off the release package for implementation
- Create and maintain a record of all configuration items and their baselines across the IT solution
- Link all baseline changes to a change item (defect or incident) and ensure these are tracked through the development process to ensure traceability
- Ensure documentation is maintained from architectural documentation through to detailed technical specifications
- Manage the development process through the route to live environments in collaboration with the release process and environment manager.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent Release Management knowledge and skills
- Ability to manage risks, issues and dependencies in order to negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Configuration Management
- Practical understanding of software development life cycles in a corporate setting
- Practical understanding of different release methodologies such as waterfall/agile
- Practical experience managing software releases into multiple environments including branch and merge
- In depth understanding of source code management and configuration tools.
- Practical knowledge of ITIL Service Delivery best practice.
- Excellent Change Management Skills
- Experience with hosted and on premise deployments - SaaS and Standalone
- Ability to define and manage deployment and release policy and procedure
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Kingsley Clavin (see below)