Our Financial Services based client are looking for an experienced Resource Manager for an exciting contract of work. The main purpose of the role is to refine and embed resource management process and reporting. These are to ensure they have the correct level of resources with the right skills in place to meet the demand from major change projects while maintaining BAU activities. The role will involve working closely with project managers and resource managers in the business to balance capacity and demand and to help resolve resource conflicts.
1. Refine, embed, maintain and support a resource management process, including engaging with all those involved, to ensure that resource levels and skills are available to support project plans, all are aware of their responsibilities and the process runs effectively.
2. Build and maintain relationships with business resource managers to identify and monitor the supply of resource, by skill set, to work on change projects, and compare with demand forecasts to identify potential resource pinch points and minimise impact on BAU activity and to improve forecasts.
3. Review, challenge and verify the demand for resource forecasted by individual project managers to ensure that resource estimates are accurate and complete.
4. Review the overall portfolio resource demand and supply situation, suggest solutions and facilitate resolution of resource conflicts and so ensure that planned change is not limited by lack of availability of the right resource. Escalate conflicts to appropriate governance committees if they cannot be resolved at project level.
5. Design and produce MI reports, analyse data, and present to senior stakeholders to support decision making on the allocation of resource and scheduling of projects in the Change Delivery Roadmap.
6. Chair and manage the Resource Review Group to discuss the impact of new projects, resource conflicts and any issues with the resource management process, to resolve resource conflicts and improve the overall process.
- Solid portfolio level experience
- Knowledge of a project life cycle
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills - must have great interpersonal skills and be able to effectively engage with people in all business areas and at all levels of the company
- Data analysis and presentation- strong Excel skills and ability to produce clear reports
- Analytical and problem solving - able to digest information, and offer insight into consolidated information and suggest solutions to issues
Qualifications - A project or change management qualification is desirable
Please send CV in first instance.