Category/Procurement Manager - Central London.
A life-changing, ever evolving company are looking for a Category/Procurement Manager to develop strong and effective business relationships with local directorates. This organisation are committed to changing lives and care about their own people too. Employee's personal development and performance is key to their success.
The successful candidate will lead the implementation and monitor the procurement strategy and policy in collaboration with the local directorate leadership team.
- to engage with the directorate leadership teams to raise awareness and visibility of buying and supplier activity, procurement policy and process development
- to agree plans, priorities, targets and performance indicators in relation to local procurement activity and business process.
- to develop commercial and contracting capacity, skills and competencies locally within each area
- to promote the use of intelligent buying tools and techniques eg 'Strategic sourcing' process.
- to crate the strategic management of key supplier contracts and relationships, risks and performance management
- to be jointly responsible for the Quality Assurance and integrity of the procurement business processes and local projects.
- to provide procurement support services on high value/risk local procurement projects.
Generic Procurement professional experience:
- MCIPS or equivalent
- significant post qualified experience
- working across departments/or organisational boundaries
- experience of managing people
- managing large contracts/key supplier relationships
- managing effecting change
- leading strategic sourcing projects/teams
- Primary business degree and/or MBA or equivalent experience
- Category experience in marketing, fundraising, IT, Corporate Services or Research
- Project Management Tool eg Prince 2.
Full job description and company details on application.