Senior Operations Manager
Senior Operations Manager
Nantgarw, Cardiff, CF15
GBP42k - GBP50k depending on experience + benefits
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Operations Manager to join our Customer Management team based onsite at our General Motors client site. The Senior Operations Manager will have overall operational responsibility for the delivery of service and operational client relationships; develop, lead and manage a team to deliver an effective and profitable operational unit on behalf of the client in line with commercial and contractual agreements.
Hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm, however there is a requirement to be flexible to cover weekends on call as a point of contact if necessary.
About Capita | Customer Management:
Capita Customer Management is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide first-class customer services for other organisations and companies by phone, email, web and more. Our contact centres are home to thousands of customer service advisors, sales colleagues, collections agents and Back Office processing staff. With more than 14,500 colleagues across 19 contact centres in the UK, India, Poland and South Africa, we manage customers for a range of big name clients like O2, Volkswagen Group, British Gas, RSPCA and William Hill.
What you will do:
- Manage a team of 80 FTE onsite
- Motivate and effectively performance manage Operations Managers to ensure delivery of the unit business plan
- Selecting, managing and coaching Operations Managers
- Working with the Recruitment and L&D Team, define specific recruitment and training needs strategy to deliver client branding and values
- Ensure payroll costs are minimised by managing and auditing a process of accurate payroll management that reduces administration errors and overpayments
- Develop unit strategy for a Communication and Engagement, measured and informed by the annual employee engagement survey
- In line with the agreed Capita framework, deliver succession planning to ensure key roles are filled and individual talent is recognised
- Instil Capita and client specific cultural values and behaviours
- Accountable for delivery of Client KPIs to maximise service incentives and minimise service credits, including: Day to day service levels, Customer experience, quality measures and compliance measures
- Conducting operational weekly and monthly client review meetings and ensuring governance around day to day ops liaison
- Main point of Operational contact for the Client
- Identifying KPI variances and developing and executing action plans
- Identifying, highlighting and presenting solutions on further opportunities for services and process improvements
- Managing the direct variable cost in line with BP
- Delivering the minimum BP revenues and maximising this opportunity where possible
- Achieving productivity targets, including attendance and attrition
- Working with Planning to determine appropriate staffing levels for the unit
- Responsible for the overall operational elements within the unit P&L - overall accountability remains with the GM
- Executing an expert working knowledge of the contract and schedules and interfacing with internal and external clients in order to ensure that contractual obligations are met and client needs are satisfied
- Deliver a strategy to drive the continuous identification and implementation of operational best practice through interaction with the wider Capita team.
Your experience will include:
- Qualified by experience - previous operations management experience is essential
- Excellent client facing skills and experience
- Strong people management skills
- Customer service excellence/sales/call centre experience essential
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving abilities
- Excellent forward planning and forecasting skills
- Relationship management and communication skills
- Influencing, political and sales skills
- Commercial and P&L management skills
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday rising to 27, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.