General Assistant - Wendover
GBP8.25 per hour - Part-time 27 Hours per week.
Abbeyfield are looking to recruit a General Assistant to work in Wendover, to support the team in providing for people who want to live later in life in a safe and comfortable setting.
Working as a General Assistant at Wendover you will maintain a clean environment in all areas of the kitchen, store rooms, bars and restaurant areas in accordance with Environmental Health Standards.
Ensure all food related activities comply with food safety regulations and the completion of all relevant records as directed by the Chef Manager/Cook.
Keep all allocated areas clean, tidy and presentable at all times, help with washing up in the kitchen, assist with social functions.
To travel to other Abbey field locations as required and attend meetings and training as required.
The following requirements are essential:
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people.
- To be able to read and write to a good standard.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Show an understanding of the needs of older people.
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times.
- Willing to travel for training as required.
The following requirements are desirable:
- First Aid Certificate.
- Food Hygiene Certificate.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 16th December 2016. This post is subject to a DBS check.
Please apply online.