Transport Section Manager
My client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Section Manager with previous transport background to work the night shift. Candidates will require some team supervisory and people management experience. Working within a team environment, the successful candidate will assist the Transport Manager to achieve operational KPIs to tight deadlines and drive improvements by engaging the team in promoting a positive culture.
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- Experience of applying a working knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. health & safety, employment law, discrimination etc.
- A good understanding of transport legislation and the impact of non-compliance to protect the company operator licence
- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver operational requirements to a timely manner whilst meeting agreed KPIs and service levels
- Effective team worker and confident and positive communicator
- PC literate in Excel and Word
- Ideally CPC qualified, but not essential
- Able to demonstrate high levels of initiative, focus, commitment and flexibility
- A good understanding of multi temperature warehouse / transport procedures and compliant
- PC skills for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and WMS experience
There is a need for flexibility as the successful candidate may be required to work alternative shifts and on a 5 from 7 working basis (which will include weekend work).
Full training and development will be given to successful candidates.
Reporting to Transport Manager, this role requires someone capable of working under pressure, displaying a good analytical approach to work to deliver business results and to achieve performance and service levels. Hours of work will be alternating shift patterns of 22.00 - 06.00 but flexibility of hours is required with operational needs.
Previous experience within a transport operation will be essential. Excellent people management skills together with the ability to plan resource and report KPI information with accuracy are key skills for this role.
This is a customer facing role and the successful candidate will encourage a customer service personal approach to the job.
Compiled by: James Kennedy
Compiled on: 11/23/16