Registered Manager - Purley, Surrey
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000
Hours: Full time
Would you love the opportunity to make a real difference to our Service Users lives? Would you say your best traits were your positivity, friendliness and innovativeness? How would you like to work in a person-centred environment where you can utilise these attributes within a company offering career progression, competitive earnings and excellent training?
Our service users sometimes need support and they have varied lives and interests, this could be trains, cooking, art or going to the pub. We are seeking caring, compassionate and committed individuals, supporting our amazing service users to lead fulfilling and independent lives. That's where you come in!
Offering a superior service to our residents, a warm welcome awaits you at our Russell Villa service in Purley. Easy access to public transport links to London. Close to local shops. Russell Villa is set in peaceful location also has a beautiful large garden for residents.
It is an established residential home with currently 8 adult residents with learning disabilities and dementia.
Previous experience at management level is essential.
So are you caring? Inspirational? Optimistic? And Insightful? - These are easy words, but the real job is to blend all this to enable our service users to lead a fulfilling and satisfying a life as they possibly can.
Main duties & Responsibilities include:
* Lead and direct the day-to-day operational management of the home, ensuring that available resources are used effectively to enable the provision of a good quality service.
* Ensure that all staff (currently 35 staff members) working within the home receive regular supervision, in accordance with our Policy.
* Work closely with the Service Development Team, participating in the selection and compatibility of potential new residents, their assessment, and transition into the home if appropriate.
* Ensure that all service users have a dynamic support plan, which involves the person as far as is possible, takes account that person's needs and aspirations, and is reviewed regularly.
* Hold responsibility for ensuring that the home operates in accordance with all statutory requirements, using the National Minimum Standards as a benchmark for good practice.
* Ensure that the home offers a safe environment geared to creating opportunities for the personal development of service users, taking into account practical, physical and emotional needs.
* Take a lead role for risk analysis within the home, ensuring that appropriate assessments take place, and plans put in place to minimise risk where necessary.
* Ensure that all steps are taken to maintain the health of people living within the home.Play a supporting role to Senior Managers regarding the Contract Monitoring process, providing reports and management information on the conduct of the home where this is necessary.
* Liaise with external Agencies as appropriate, and ensure that contact between the staff team and those Agencies is conducted in a professional manner.
* Work with the Personnel Department in supporting the recruitment and selection of staff, and assist the Area Manager in the formulation of staffing strategies, Policies and Procedures, and other pieces of managerial work as required.
* Participate, as required, in the formulation of budgets, and to monitor expenditure in specific budget headings, as required.
* Ensure that proper record and administrative systems are in place within the home, as required by our Policy & Procedures, and Statutory Authorities.
* Be accountable for the management of the Home's petty cash float and any monies/valuables belonging to service users kept within the home.
* Participate in the Area's on-call management system as required.
* Ensure that the home is run in accordance with good Health & Safety practice and legal requirements.
* Ensure that maintenance and equipment renewal needs are communicated to the relevant person, obtaining costings/quotes where appropriate, and then ordering items/services once authorised.
* Ensure that good communication networks are maintained within the home, upwards within our management structure, and sideways to relevant others.
* Undertake Reg. 26 visits in other homes, should this be required.
* Support the Company's Disciplinary & Grievance processes, as required, including involvement in Investigations, and the Chairing of Disciplinary Hearings if need be.
* Ensure that all staff within the Home are aware of, and adhere to, the organization's Policy & Procedures, and to have involvement in the review and revision of these, and other Company documents when required.
* Undertake any other managerial tasks as required, in accordance with the seniority and level of responsibility inherent in this position.
* We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
* We provide superb FREE training to achieve qualifications in Social Care
* We have a proven progression path - most of those who started as Support Workers are now Residential Managers and even beyond
* We offer competitive rates of pay, along with an impressive benefits package including an employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, special retail discount vouchers, stakeholder pension scheme
* We offer apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to get into the sector
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us.
Please click 'Apply' below to continue your application. Successful candidates will be contacted within 7 working days.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES