Associate Lecturer in Furniture Making (Bank)
Chichester College have an opportunity for an Associate Lecturer in Furniture Making (Bank) to join the team at our Chichester & Brinsbury Campus on a Bank basis. The successful Associate Lecturer in Furniture Making (Bank) will receive a salary of £17.48 - £30.70 per hour.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Associate Lecturer in Furniture Making (Bank) you will be able to inspire and motivate students through the delivery of a range of qualification courses to provide a high quality learning experience.
Responsibilities of our Associate Lecturer in Furniture Making (Bank):
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Contribute to the development of curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
- Adopt a proactive approach to participation in appropriate meetings and training, as agreed with the curriculum area.
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy.
Skills & Experience required of our Associate Lecturer in Furniture Making (Bank):
- Level 3 (or equivalent) in related subject
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Have a working knowledge of furniture making and have relevant industrial experience
- Proven organisational time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people is essential
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 8 December 2016
Interview date: 4 January 2017
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Associate Lecturer in Furniture Making (Bank) role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.