Purchase Ledger Clerk/Accounts Assistant
Purchase Ledger Clerk/Accounts Assistant – Full Time
Salary: up to £23,000 per year, depending on experience
The success of our business and associated growth means we are looking to grow the finance team and recruit a new Purchase Ledger Clerk/Accounts Assistant for our office at Addlestone.
We are a forward thinking, innovative and highly successful Vauxhall Dealer Group, established in 2006. Over the past eight years we have been recognised with several industry awards and have seen our business grow considerably.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Ensure the purchase ledger, which includes allocating all payments, is up to date and all transactions have been posted for the period.
- Chase internal and external customers as required ensuring invoices are approved and paid according to their terms.
- Provide all daily/weekly/monthly financial reports within the remits of the role
- Assist the credit controller and sales ledger as required
- Follow and comply with all procedures within the department and complete your day to day tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- There will be some supervisory responsibility with this role.
The ideal Purchase Ledger Clerk will have:
- Excellent communication skills for dealing with suppliers and internal managers
- A basic knowledge of Excel
- Good accounting knowledge
- A proven track record of reconciling difficult supplier accounts and dealing with volumes
- Exceptional accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and with a heavy workload
- The courage to challenge the status quote and seek to implement improvements to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Experience of working in the motor industry and using Pinnacle software, although this is not essential.
This is a full time role – the hours are Monday to Friday, either 8.30am to 5pm or 8am to 4.30pm.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining high calibre staff. In return, we offer a competitive salary excellent rewards and opportunities to develop, so apply for this position now.
Apply for Purchase Ledger Clerk/Accounts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly