Curriculum Resources Administrative Assistant
Chichester College have an opportunity for a Curriculum Resources Administrative Assistant to join the team at our Brinsbury Campus on a part time, contract basis for a fixed term of 1 year. The successful Curriculum Resources Administrative Assistant will receive a salary pro rata of £16,793 - £17,822 per annum (i.e. £7,866.87 - £8,348.92). Work will be predominantly office based but will include occasional work around the Brinsbury Campus and working with students in an administrative capacity.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Curriculum Resources Administrative Assistant you will work within the Curriculum Resources team and with staff and students across our busy Animal Care, Farm, Equine and Horticultural Resources teams.
Responsibilities of our Curriculum Resources Administrative Assistant:
- Provide an efficient and effective administrative service for the Curriculum Resources team, dealing with enquiries from staff, students and key stakeholders such as members of the public.
- Provide effective support services to staff and students within the area, maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
- Update and maintain diaries and calendars, databases, records and reports.
- Liaise with staff and external organisations, as appropriate.
- Prepare documentation and correspondence to support the core business and administration of the area and ensure that information is sent out in a timely manner.
- Provide effective administrative support for the successful implementation of curriculum and cross College initiatives, including curriculum and budget planning.
- Provide support when necessary to ensure that area and cross College events, such as Information Days, run smoothly.
Skills & Experience required of our Curriculum Resources Administrative Assistant:
- Have proven time management, communication and organisational skills
- Experience of working in a Landbased environment is essential
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Previous administrative experience
- You will hold a full UK driving licence
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 8 December 2016
Interview date: 4 January 2017
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Curriculum Resources Administrative Assistant role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.