Deputy Play/ Youth Leader
The organization delivers Play and Leisure services to over 1,400 disabled children and young people; we have 27 schemes across Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire. This number is growing!
We have 2 vacancies!
1. Eastleigh Youth Leader | 10 hours p/w Term Time / 35 hours p/w Holidays | £11.67 p/h
2. Eastleigh Deputy Play Leader| 10 hours p/w Term Time / 35 hours p/w Holidays | £10.23 p/h
The organization is on a search to fill two senior roles to join the teams in Eastleigh! Supported by our dedicated team of project officers you will plan and deliver a range of exciting and engaging activities to a group of inspiring children and young people. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy and sociable environment and is dedicated to improving the lives of children, young people and their families. The Deputy role is a supporting role whereas the Leader role has full responsibility of the scheme.
Your role as Play or Youth Leader will be;
1. Activities & Environment: The Leader is responsible for planning and inspiring fun and creative activities that excite and 'wow' children. It is also the Play/Youth Leaders responsibility to provide and maintain a physical environment that is cared for, respected and valued by children, staff and visited.
2. Staff: To support the team of staff and be responsible for the day-to-day supervision and oversight of staff at the organization.
3. Children: Support a staff team to provide a supportive environment where children feel confident, happy and able to challenge themselves.
Both positions offer the following package:
* Permanent Contract
* Term Time Hours: 7 hours on a Saturday and 3 flexible hours during the week to develop the scheme and carry out administrative tasks
* School Holiday Hours: 35 hours p/w (Easter and 4 weeks during Summer)
* The organization offers flexible working to Leaders and Deputies and will consider a job share role if you cannot commit to every Saturday and School Holiday
* Regular FREE training provided, NEST Pension, Health Care Cash Plan available and Free DBS
Each candidate should;
* Have the skills necessary to motivate, encourage, organise, lead and supervise the staff team in a professional manner in an informal working environment
* Commitment to the development of high quality play opportunities for disabled children
* A practical appreciation of the barriers to inclusion that disabled children and their families experience
* Demonstrate a physical and emotional capacity for the enthusiasm and energy that children require of their playmates
Eastleigh Deputy Play Leader | £10.23 p/h
The candidate should;
* Have a full and relevant qualification in Early Years (Level 3)
Eastleigh Youth Leader | £11.67 p/h
The candidate should have experience of;
* Leadership in a play or youth setting (desirable)
* Working with disabled children and young people
This position could be suitable for applicants seeking any of the following positions - Activity Leader, Nursery Assistant, Room Leader, Special Needs Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Activity Instructor, Teacher.
More information and how to apply!
To apply for either role please upload your CV specifying the role you wish to apply for. We will then email you an application pack which should be completed and returned.
Apply for Deputy Play/ Youth Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly