Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer Purpose
As Field Service Engineer (multi skilled) you will be responsible for Instrumentation (Primary Skill) and Electrical (Secondary Skill) maintenance and technical support to the Water Production team to repair and maintain Water assets.
You will be working in a fast paced modern maintenance environment, providing proactive, planned and reactive support in all aspects of your field of expertise, to ensure compliance with company, statutory and regulatory requirements at the same time minimising environmental impact.
Field Service Engineer Accountabilities
As the Field Service Engineer role can require lone working you will need to be comfortable working alone or as part of a team. The Field Service Engineer role will also include working in confined spaces as well as the opportunity to provide input into capital and operational projects to ensure assets fully meet operational and maintenance requirements. Participation in an out of hour's standby rota is also a requirement.
Your duties as Field Service Engineer will include the following:
- To implement an efficient Instrumentation / Electrical maintenance and installation service
- To analyse faults, rectify and ensure correct operation of Instrumentation / Electrical and systems-based equipment
- To perform planned and proactive maintenance activities
- To ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations and internal company policies
- To maintain required financial control of a pre-defined budgets
- To provide reliable, accurate and complete asset performance and repair information
- To analyse and recommend solutions to recurring maintenance problems
- Ensure that throughout your career that the required skills, competence and recency in all relevant subject matter are maintained
Knowledge and Skills
To be successful in this role you must be a time served apprentice or equivalent, supported with academic qualifications ideally to HNC or minimum ONC equivalent in a relevant technical area.
To be considered for this Field Service Engineer role you must have:
- A valid driving licence
- The ability to work in a team but also alone, be resilient, self-motivated, with strong problem solving skills and possess the required technical competence
- Able and willing to diversify into specialised areas of maintenance, as required, such as but not limited to chlorine gas systems and high voltage installations
- Diagnostic, organisational, planning, communication and computer skills
- Industry Experience (water)
- Experience of PLC, HMI and SCADA systems and associated networks to perform fault diagnostics, assist with disaster recovery and small system modifications
- Where appropriate, possess a sound working knowledge of Simocode, Profibus and similar industrial technology systems
If interested in the Field Service Engineer please click on the APPLY button below and you will be redirected to the job application page.
Closing date: 18th December 2016