Information Systems Analyst / IT Analyst
Job Title: Information Systems Analyst
Location: Derby, DE24
To assist the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by designing and implementing business information systems, including identifying opportunities to introduce, modify or replace systems and overseeing the project lifecycle from initial concept through to implementation.
- Analyse existing business systems and processes and translate user requirements into a project brief
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability
- Draw up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems, and present them to users and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with developers/testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure that new IT systems are tested and validated to ensure fitness for purpose and accuracy of outputs
- Generate training material and carrying out user training for new and existing IT systems
- Provide user support for the company's databases and other Information Systems
- Oversee data quality within the organisation's key IT systems
- IT Team
- Management Team
- Third party suppliers
- A reasonable amount of additional (unpaid) hours will be expected during peaks of activity to ensure business objectives are met.
- Any other reasonable duties, as requested by your Manager, to meet the changing needs of the business.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grade C and above including Maths and English.
- Technical / Business related degree (or equivalent).
- This opportunity would suit someone already working in a Systems/Business analyst role
- Two years network experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar role.
- Business Process Analysis and reengineering skills and experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of gathering and documenting business requirements
- Able to create solutions with a positive attitude to change
- Ability to gather and interpret information/data from various sources
- Autonomous self-starter
- Excellent communication & people skills, with the ability to network with people at all levels
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure on multiple projects with strict timescales
- Strong English language skills, written and spoken word.
- Able to work Individually or part of a team
- Proficient in MS Office applications
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience of; Information Systems Analyst, Data Support , IT Support, 1st Line Support, IT Helpdesk, IT Helpdesk Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Analyst, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician will also be considered for this role.