Job Title: Customer Engineering Pilot Centre Integration Engineer
Salary: GBP31,760 - GBP47,640
Cummins Inc, a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 55,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and more than 7,200 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.4 billion on sales of $19.1 billion in 2015.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within our Cummins Generator Technologies business in Stamford, in the newly developed Pilot Center. Stamford is just one of 7 global manufacturing plants, trading under the universally recognized brand names of STAMFORD, AvK and MAKRON with unrivalled and expanding product portfolio - ranging from 0.5 kVA to 11,000 kVA. We use our experience and knowledge gathered from a large and diverse number of applications of synchronous generator installations worldwide to provide expertise in offering integrated design solutions that help our customers compete more successfully throughout the world.
One of your key tasks would be to provide guidance and organization to staff engaged in various engineering assignments and projects. To achieve the aim, you would be expected to apply sound knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the design, development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle.
You will be also tasked and challenged with evaluating customer needs and aligning requirements with identified customer expectations.
Core duties and objectives:
- Verifies design using analysis and or functional testing, interprets results, drives decisions and assesses risk.
- Leads a small technical group with minimum supervision.
- Provides guidance, sets expectations, clarifies responsibilities, and provides feedback for project team members in accomplishing tasks and goals.
- Participates as a key contributor and assigns work to meet group commitments.
- Influences at department or program management level.
- Provides input on program-related decisions.
- Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
- Contributes to the solution of complex technical problems; provides resources, removes barriers and ensures application of common approaches.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
- Identifies developmental needs of group members.
- Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferably 5 years of experience in designing and integrating of GENSET products
- team player
- highly-developed communication skills
- highly developed solving skills
- adaptable to changing environment
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- PhD, Masters of Science, Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- experience in system integration is a must
Salary and benefits:
In return, you can look forward to a secure and rewarding future with an acknowledged market leader, able to offer a salary ranging between 31,760.00 GBP47,640.00,depending on your experience, variable bonus plan (8%), pension and other benefits including private healthcare, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme
Click Apply! And you will be redirected to the Cummins Career Page.
You can also join our talent community at where you'll get inside information on the latest opportunities, and we'll be able to find you when we're hiring.
Join our "UK and European Careers Networking" Linkedin group for all Cummins business update opportunities
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
Keywords: Integration, Engineer, Pilot Centre, "Integration Engineer", "Engineer Integration", manufacture, manufacturing.